Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Why did I choose PR?

I ask myself that question a lot.

Being an indecisive person, I change my life plans weekly. I originally choose public relations as my concentration because time ran out. I finished my undergraduate core classes and need to pick a major!

After talking with different professors in different fields, I knew that PR was where I was headed. Event planning fit into everything I desired at the time. Working with a missionary agency, I could plan mission trips, participate in them, and still have a family.

After being accepted into the PR program at GCSU, I realized, event planning is not PR. I had to take two entire classes dedicated to writing! I wrote a thousand press releases and only planned two events. You can imagine my disappointment. (No, the classes weren't bad. I learned a lot, and looking back, I am grateful for them. Writing just wasn't apart of my life plan.)

Recently, I have begun to understand the important aspects of PR. From p
ress releases to evaluations.

I am looking forward to graduating with a degree in Mass Communications with a concentration in PR because I have a new life plan. I want to do PR (yes, all of it) for a non-profit organization (hopefully intertwined with an orphanage) in Africa. I love children and want to express to them how much the Lord loves them.

Perhaps I will work with an organization such as Beautifulgateway.

No comments:

Post a Comment