Wednesday, September 9, 2009

How I measure up.

Dave Fleet lists 14 key attributes and skills for new PR professionals. I think I measure up pretty well.

My selling points--

Writing. According to Dave, writing is the cornerstone of PR. I have written numerous press releases and am confident in AP style.
Communication skills. When it comes to communicating, I am a great listener. I hear other peoples ideas and then share my own. I am good at intertwining our ideas along the way to make a successful team.
Details, details, details. When it comes to designing layouts, I look for details. I like everything to be perfectly in place before anyone sees it. I also reread everything I write before handing it in. I know I make mistakes, but I would like to find them first. (When mistakes are pointed out to me, I fix them quickly.)
Work Ethic. Public Relations is time consuming! My motto is everything always gets done. Work seems to pile up without enough hours in the day to complete it. However, I have found taking things one step at a time is less stressful. If I focus on one project at a time, I can complete everything.

The things I am working on--
Pro-activeness. I am not afraid to ask questions; in fact, I ask a lot of questions. My goal this semester is to search everywhere first, then ask.
Blogging. This is my first blog, but so far I like it. I am figuring out the fancy parts as I go along.
Twitter. @ajlow follow me!

What I would like to learn--
RSS. It sounds interesting and important. Let's learn it!

No comments:

Post a Comment