When I hear Pearl Jam "Last Kiss," I instantly flash back to fourth grade. I am the new kid in Peachtree City, and I only have two friends. Keegan was one of them. "Last Kiss" would blare from her boom box on repeat while we choreographed a dance to it. Pearl Jam was my gateway band to a best friend in a new city.
By my senior year of high school, I had a solid group of friends. There were 5 of us girls that were inseparable, and fun followed us everywhere (or at least we thought it did). We danced the night away in my kitchen singing Cascada's techno-pop song "Everytime We Touch."
"Cause everytime we touch, I get this feeling.
And everytime we kiss I swear I could fly.
Can't you feel my heart beat fast, I want this to last.
Need you by my side."
And everytime we kiss I swear I could fly.
Can't you feel my heart beat fast, I want this to last.
Need you by my side."
That song always makes me laugh at how cool I thought I was.
('06 Senior girls)
My freshman year of college could have its own soundtrack. A mixture of worship songs and Indie music would sum it up pretty well.
"Heaven is in my Heart" will forever be my Africa. As my friends and I road in the matatu down the bumpy roads in Nairobi, we sang that song with such joy. I cannot imagine Africa without it.
Jack's Mannequin will always squeeze me into Maddie's car at 2 a.m. driving to Savannah for a freezing sleepover on the beach, and Snow Patrol's "Hands Open" will take me to Sunday afternoon drives with Meagan. Taylor Swift will forever remind me of my college girlfriends. Every song she sings happens to tell the story of our lives. Kenny Loggins' "House at Pooh Corner" was the background song of summer cooking days with my dad.
(Freshman Savannah trip)
I have never thought of myself as a music fanatic. I rarely count down the days to a new album, and my friends usually have to drag me to a concert. Yet, I love music. I love the way a song or a musician can bring memories to life.
('06 Senior girls)My freshman year of college could have its own soundtrack. A mixture of worship songs and Indie music would sum it up pretty well.
"Heaven is in my Heart" will forever be my Africa. As my friends and I road in the matatu down the bumpy roads in Nairobi, we sang that song with such joy. I cannot imagine Africa without it.
Jack's Mannequin will always squeeze me into Maddie's car at 2 a.m. driving to Savannah for a freezing sleepover on the beach, and Snow Patrol's "Hands Open" will take me to Sunday afternoon drives with Meagan. Taylor Swift will forever remind me of my college girlfriends. Every song she sings happens to tell the story of our lives. Kenny Loggins' "House at Pooh Corner" was the background song of summer cooking days with my dad.
(Freshman Savannah trip)I have never thought of myself as a music fanatic. I rarely count down the days to a new album, and my friends usually have to drag me to a concert. Yet, I love music. I love the way a song or a musician can bring memories to life.
No comments:
Post a Comment