Wake up in the morning feeling like P Diddy
(Hey, what up girl?)
Put my glasses on, I’m out the door - I'm gonna listen Tuesday morning.
Tuesday mornings from 7:30-10:30 you can tune it to WGUR 88.9 the Edge and wake up with Thunder with a & m in the morning.
Marianna and I host a morning radio show. We play music to get your day going and fill you in on the world and campus news, fashion tips, hot TV shows, sports, and the day's weather.
The first time we did our radio show, I was incredibly nervous. It was sunny out, and I told people to wear their rain boots.
As time has gone on, I've realized that it doesn't have to be complicated. Marianna and I come to our show prepared, and then we just chit chat about the topics we've previously discussed. We leave the phone lines open and play songs that our listeners request to hear. Some days we have guest speakers, such as Miss GCSU Lauren Chandley and GIVE center leader Lyric Burnett.
Being a radio show talk host has not only been fun, but it has helped me with my public speaking. I have learned that just chatting and rambling is not a good way to deliver a message, yet a short concise statement may not be enough either. There is a fine balance in giving interesting details, and I think this morning talk show has been a great place to enhance my skills.
Tune in next Tuesday between 7:30 and 10:30 to check them out for yourself!
No comments:
Post a Comment